Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Looking to fulfill those snuggles in the morning while getting lofts of cinnamon deliciousness every now and then? Want to be indulge in a healthy sweet breakfast treat that even you kids can lend a hand in making? Head to you cabinet and get ready to be enjoying these Cinnamon Roll Muffins in no time!
- 1⁄2 cup – coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 cup – unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1⁄3 cup – pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup – ghee (organic grass-fed, if possible), melted
- 1 – large egg
- 1 tsp. – ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. – pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups – gluten-free all-purpose flour (preferably Bob’s Red Mill® All-Purpose Baking Flour, red label)
- 1⁄2 cup – almond flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. – baking powder, gluten-free
- 1⁄2 tsp. – sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. – reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. – powdered sugar
- Muffin papers/cupcake liners
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Line muffin pan with 10 muffin liners and lightly coat with spray. Set aside
- To make muffins, place sugar, coconut milk, maple syrup, ghee, egg, cinnamon, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to blender; cover. Blend until a smooth batter forms, scraping sides of blender with rubber spatula as needed.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating pan after 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely before topping with icing.
- While muffins are baking, make icing. Combine sour cream and powdered sugar in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Refrigerate until muffins are cool. Top each with 1 tsp. icing.
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.