Southwest Mason Jar Salad
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp + ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro divided use
- 1 clove garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups black beans
- 4 oz shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Place lime juice, 2 Tbsp. cilantro, and garlic, in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Slowly add oil, blending continuously, until well mixed. Evenly divide dressing between 4 one-quart Mason jars.
Evenly layer beans, chicken, onion, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, and remaining ½ cup cilantro on top of dressing in jars.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- I layer the salad onto a plate when I serve it and have the beans and dressing on top.
- DEVOUR! 🙂