Not all shrimp needs to be steamed or fried! We cooked these right on the grill in a foil pack and the flavor was perfect! Topped with a delicious mix of lime juice, cilantro and a few extras it was the perfect way to end the day! Next time you are grilling out, consider these for a fun new spin on a classic dinner idea.
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin, divided use
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 lb. raw medium shrimp, cleaned, deveined
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. lime peel, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas (or 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas)
- 1 cup red and green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish; optional)
- Fresh lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
- Combine oil, garlic, 1⁄2 tsp. cumin, chili powder, and shrimp in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, remaining 1⁄4 tsp. cumin, lime peel, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque
- Top each tortilla evenly with cabbage, tomato, shrimp, and avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime if desired; drizzle each taco with a small spoonful of yogurt mixture.