Looking for a fun way to cook with your kids? Need something quick and healthy to take the guess work out of last minute breakfast needs before walking out the door? Look no further from these kid made, tested and enjoyed breakfast banana muffins!
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 2 cups – whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. – baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. – baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. – fine sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 – large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup – honey
- 3/4 cup – unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup – extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. – pure vanilla extract
- 3 – large ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line twelve-cup muffin pan with muffin liners (or lightly coat with spray). Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine egg, honey, almond milk, oil, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix until just blended.
- Gently fold in bananas.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.