Tropical Mango, Chicken & Avocado Salad
Wishing summer wasn’t coming to an end? Wishing you were back in Ocean City, MD, Outer Banks, NC or even away at an all-inclusive resort and enjoying some of the most delicious food ever? Well I have a treat for you! This bowl can be made in just 15 minutes and served for the whole family, at your next get together or indulge by yourself as your first peaceful meal alone once everyone is out of the house on September 3rd.
- 2 Tbsp. – 100% pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. – apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. – extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 – medium serrano chile pepper, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 tsp. – chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. – ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. – sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1⁄4 tsp. – ground black pepper
- 4 oz. – chopped cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, (approx. 3⁄4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup – sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 – medium mango, peeled, cubed
- 1⁄4 – medium avocado, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup – cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 Tbsp. – finely chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish; optional)
- Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, oil, serrano chile, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Place chicken, cucumber, mango, avocado, and pineapple in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
- Garnish with cilantro (if desired).