This is a great recipe for the whole family! My son ate, loved it and had no idea it was actually crusted with almonds! #momwin
This was actually easy to make and made enough for two nights worth of food!
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
Nonstick cooking spray
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. water
1 lb. raw chicken breast tenders, skinless
1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
½ cup finely chopped sliced almonds – I actually smashed them in a bag and it worked perfect!
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
3. Combine eggs and water in a medium shallow bowling whisk.
4. Soak chicken in egg mixture for 30 minutes, turning once.
5. Combine bread crumbs, almonds, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix.
6. Working with a few pieces at a time, lift chicken from egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, and drop into bowl of breadcrumbs. Coat the chicken with breadcrumb mixture.
7.Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle and golden brown.