I am currently in a workout program and I am doing my BEST to stick to it so this Thanksgiving is going to be a little different than the normal Thanksgivings for me…..
I LOVE mashed potatoes… and I LOVE gravy… and I actually LOVE mixing them all together and shoving them in my BIG mouth!!
If you are on a plan and you want to stay on track this Thanksgiving, here are some tips:
Make A Plan
– Know what you are going to eat and know what you are NOT going to eat. Make your plan about being with family and friends and not so much about eating a TON of food.
– Sure, I do think you need days off… BUT if you are trying to stay on track and you know you may be tempted… then getting in that 15-30 minute workout helps a TON. It is all about mindset and getting your workout in, your mindset right and planning on staying on track will help you reach your goals! (I plan on doing the Turkey Trot first thing in the morning — wish me luck).
Don’t Show Up Hungry
– For me, I am going to have a superfood shake before I walk into the door of my family’s house. I am actually going to not one, not two, but THREE different houses on Thanksgiving… So I will have healthy snacks packed in the car incase I get a craving. I will drink my shake before house number 1 and then see how I feel the rest of the day!
“Taste Test” the unhealthy choices
– For me, personally… I am going to do my best to stay away from the unhealthy choices. I am going to sit as far away from the dessert table and once I am finished eating, I will grab a water and move to where family is gathering NOT around the dinner table. However, I do believe in the 80/20 rule and I also believe in “YOLO” — So if you are not on a strict plan right now, go in for it… but only “taste test” and then move on. Get it out of your system and walk away.
Fill Your Plate with Healthy Choices
– Sweet potatoes (without the marshmallows), White Turkey Meat, Salad, Apples,Vegetables, Cranberries and even red wine are great choices.
Water, Water, Water
– Drink up!!
Start the Next Day Fresh
– Get back on track, start a new day and get with it!
Sometimes after a “cheat day” or a day of indulgences, your mind wants to tell you you give up completely. No way! Keep going… one bad day won’t make you unhealthy! 🙂
Click HERE for a healthy Thanksgiving Recipe!